Thursday, August 12, 2010

The spirits in this house.

I visit the house of my partner usually only on holidays/days I can leave the city for a few weeks without any problem. I've noticed them before, but recently they've been more active in the house.. We share this house with spirits of some sort.

I've seen what I can only call "minor" or "smaller" ones in shape, that never seem to interact with us personally. I get glimpses of them moving about the house occasionally, especially in my partner's room. They're small in shape (The ethereal shapes and shadows that I can see, anyway.) and never seem to make contact or come nearer to us than being in the same place. They don't feel unfriendly, I imagine they're just getting on with their business as we are.


Occasionally though, we encounter "larger", more threatening entities. We went walking in town one night, sat down in an nearby school yard and just sat and talked. I happen to glance to one side of me for a moment and saw something very strange. It was a large shadow, shaped like a large dog or a wolf. This one, did not feel overly friendly. I saw it for a split second, and it was gone. I didn't tell my partner, and we went home. A day or two later at night, he came in the room and sat down. He told me that he thought he saw a dog at the bottom of the stairs. A shadowy figure, just like I'd seen the other night. I didn't tell him about what I'd seen until after he told me this.

Yesterday night we were talking, and he happened to mention that he'd been walking past another room, and thought he'd seen his dog in there, sleeping. Thinking nothing of it, he proceeded into his room, and saw his dog in HIS bed. We're not sure what it is, but there's something very dog/wolf-like in the house. His experiences may be unrelated to the form I saw when we were out that night.

They have had five previous dogs over the course of their living in this house, four have passed on and one recently ran away. (We're holding out hope that he was taken in, because none of the local pounds have him.) I suppose it could be one of their dogs who remained in the house.

These are not the only forms we've seen, my partner had a problem with a very invasive one that terrified him for quite a while a few years ago.

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

3 comments:

  1. Off the top of my head it sounds like this entity being one of your previous dogs is a possibility. It could however also be a totem spirit, a potential astral familiar, or another type of spirit that just happens to like the canine form when it manifests.

    The only thing that's a bit concerning is that you don't get a positive feeling from the entity. I would recommend doing what I did when we moved into my new house (which was definitely occupied by 2 distinct entities). Meditate into alpha, and then take white sage, burn it in every room of your house and around the outside perimeter of your property. You can either write an incantation that banishes all spirits, but I didn't want to do this, since I didn't want to miss out on anything positive or protective the spirits may be there to impart). I banished all spirits that had ill-intent and welcomed all spirits that were of a balanced or helpful nature. (I will admit, it took two sage burnings and an added bit of my mom's magick the second time around to help totally get rid of the one). Then I broke a light bulb and buried the broken glass in my backyard as a spiritual protective barrier.

    I still have one spirit that walks around in my house, but I've gotten used to him. I don't see him very often, but I don't get a bad vibe off of him either. (sorry for the long comment--I will try to keep them shorter)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comments of whatever length are always welcome. :)

    Thank you for the advice, I will definitely get a plan together to do something like that. I've not actually seen the entity in the house, only the strange dog/wolf-looking one I noticed that night we were outside. I'm looking forward to seeing it so that I can get a better feel on its intentions. Something like what you suggest is perfect, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, also, what appears at first malevolent may be a spirit that's frightened or needy. I agree with DemiGoddess that you might want to work some protective magic, though.

    ReplyDelete